Wednesday 1 May 2013

Beauty | Essays & Learning The Ropes

So for the past couple of weeks I have been inundated with a lack of internet, combined with essay deadlines looming ever closer, meaning every snatch of wireless I got was used to write another measly few lines before giving up and watching an episode of The Following or Broadchurch (I'm late to both parties, I know, but I brought snacks!). I haven't even been on Twitter in days, or Instagram, and instead have had my brain focused on either job work or college work. I've been a ghost.

Being so absent this early on led me to question why I even started a blog in the first place, seeing as I haven't been able to even post slightly regularly. However, I gave myself a kick up the backside inspiration-wise and have jotted down a few ideas so I don't get too deterred. This one in particular came about from reading a post about pore minimisers one day, and then getting hooked on this one blogger's entire make up process and every recommendation. As of now, my bookmarks folder is filled to the brim with links to an amazingly wide range of products, from the original pore minimisers, to kabuki (not to be confused with sepukku like I accidentally did) brushes, cream blushers, and everything else you can think of. This blogger is Kate from gh0stparties, and seeing as I know practically next to nothing about anything to do with make-up  for the past few days I have been avidly educating myself thanks to her blog and YouTube videos.

I went through that rocky patch as a teenager that a lot of kids do, content with only slathering my eyes in thick black panda rings of eyeliner and ignoring pretty much everything else, except for the occasional experimentation with concealer or neon green eyeshadow (yikes). I think I've come a long way since then, proudly buying my first ever foundation last year at the ripe old age of 21, and now my make up collection is only slightly embarrassing, although I still don't really know what a primer or toner is, or a contour brush. However, thanks to reading quite a lot of Kate's wisdom, I have compiled a lust list of both her drugstore recommendations, and an ultimate lust list of what else she recommends make up wise (the ultimate lust list is due to the high price, as the most expensive make up item I've ever bought is the £21 MAC face powder from Hayley Williams' Limited Edition Collection, and it was only because it was Hayley Williams).

1. Una Brennan's Anti-Shine Pore Minimiser
2. Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes
3. Rimmel Wake Me Up Shimmer Touch
4. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer 5. Rimmel Nearly Naked Make-Up Foundation
6. L'Oréal Paris True Match Touche Magique Concealer

Whilst this may appear to some as a fairly boring lust list, given my lack of experience I can hardly blame you. I've kept it simple as these are products I'm seriously considering buying, which for me is a big deal in itself as I haven't changed my concealer since I was 14, and only started wearing face powder when I was 19/20.

I've never owned a primer, but as I struggle with dark bags and cloggy pores, I thought the two that she chose to use would be a good match for me with one as a pore minimiser and the other promising to "wake me up", as it were. A few face brushes would be ideal, as I only own one (bought at the same time as my first face powder), and one for eye shadow. I don't know what the other two brushes in that collection are for, but I'm willing to find out! Concealers are for the dark bags previously mentioned, and other sometimes occurring blemishes, etc. I chose to include the foundation she recommended as I've only ever used one foundation, which is the same first ever one I bought last year, so maybe a new one is needed by now... I always avoided foundation as I have extraordinarily pale skin for a non-redhead, and kind of wanted to avoid looking like an oompa loompa.

Kate used a couple of blushers in the video (which you can find here), and a lipstick I think, but as I've never owned either of those products due to the paleness and subsequent clown affect that can often accidentally be achieved, I'd feel more comfortable going out to the shop to find one in real life so I can test out shades.

Now, this brings me on to the ultimate lust list, compiled after watching Kate's Every Day Make-Up video, where she uses a vast amount of products that I'm going to have to accumulate over a many number of months, save for essentially breaking my bank.

2. Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base
3. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation
4. Sigma Beauty Flat Kabuki Brush
5. Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara
6. Laura Mercier Eyebrow Pencil
7. Dior Skin Shimmer
8. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
9. L'Oréal Paris Rouge Caresse

And this concludes so far my lust lists for make-up. I've never heard of any of these products to be honest, but slowly I'm going to aim to collect at least a few items. It's good for us all to try new things :)

Bye for now! x
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment