Wednesday 29 May 2013

Fashion | Style Inspiration: CL of 2NE1 - Nan Nappeun Gizibe / The Baddest Female

For those who are unaware, I love k-pop. My favourite k-pop band by miles is the all girl group 2NE1, comprised of Park Bom (my absolute favourite member, whose hair I base mine on), CL (Chaerin), Minzy and Dara. I fell in love with this group a few years ago, and have been obsessed ever since with their music, reality TV show, and in turn the other k-pop groups (such as BIGBANG) belonging to the same record label as them, YG Entertainment (otherwise known as YG Family, which is freaking adorable).

For the past few weeks, YG have been teasing which groups of theirs will be making comebacks. 2NE1 haven't released anything since their one off single "I Love You" ten months ago, and before that nothing since their 2nd Mini Album in 2011 (not including their English-singing song "Gettin' Dumb" on will.i.am's album #thatpower, although I've been listening to that song non-stop for weeks). I've been just a tad deprived of personally, who I consider two of the most beautiful women in the world, Park Bom and CL, and have to make do with just following the group on Twitter and Instagram until they released some music.

I read in an interview about their upcoming comeback that CL was planning on launching a solo career, but since a date hadn't even been confirmed for the group's new album launch, I didn't think anything of it. That is, until I was in Spain and saw YG tweeting teaser pictures of CL for her new solo single?! Whilst I'm quite cross that CL went solo before the group released their album, I can't deny that she really is the baddest female. I have such style envy it's unreal. Check out her music video for her first ever solo single The Baddest Female below:


Can you see why I have style envy??? I was quite surprised by her new sound, I knew she was very into her hip hop, etc., but I was still expecting a bit more 2NE1 sound than there actually was. Her single sounded to me like a Korean Iggy Azaelia/Nikki Minaj, but y'know... better than both of them. Hey, I'm biased!

I actually just spent ages trying to recreate her pretty much all leather outfit from the video. I think finding equivalents to all her outfits is going to be my new obsession; at least until 2NE1 make their comeback.



Do you love k-pop? What did you think of CL's new solo single? Let me know in the comments below!

Bye! x
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment