Sunday 1 March 2015

TV | Just Watched: Desi Rascals (Sunday Shorts)

Hello all my lovelies!

So, I've decided to start a new little series called Sunday Shorts. At the moment my blog is 100% Asian exports like makeup and TV shows, so I decided to start a little series where I make just a short post every Sunday about whatever I've been doing recently, like a book I've just read, a game I'm playing, or like this one, a TV show I've just watched. Which, as of Friday which was the season finale, is Desi Rascals!




Desi Rascals was on Sky Living, and was touted as the Asian The Only Way Is Essex as the creator of it helped to create DR, but I can't really comment on the similarities as I've never seen TOWIE ahaha. It shows the lives of the British-Asian community in London, and is apparently the first reality show that features a multi-generational cast (although I've seen Made in Chelsea, and a few Mums make a regular appearance, but I think the difference is that they're not official members of the cast? I don't know).

I've absolutely adored this show. They just confirmed yesterday that there's going to be a second season, which I'm super happy about. It's a lot different than the other reality shows I've watched like MiC and Geordie Shore, as this one is actually just nice. The parents and their children (well, they're adults obviously) all just seem like really nice people, they're all very caring and have serious relationships like regular adults, not like the people from GS or MiC. I mean, the first episode showed Shreena and Prakash's wedding for crying out loud ahahaha. There's obviously drama thrown in, but there's no real relationship drama except nice drama like proposals, and their parents meddling a little, but you can see it's just because they care!

It is by far my favourite reality show, I just think everyone in it is absolutely lovely! Even my boyfriend can actually stand to watch it ahahaha. Obviously there are a couple of people you love to hate, but even then you can actually see their side of it sometimes. You really care about all the characters, and obviously my favourite characters/couple are Moses and Jo! #TeamMoJo ahahaha



I would definitely recommend Desi Rascals. It was on Sky Living so I'm sure it's on catch up if you have Sky or Virgin or something. It's really interesting to see how the second generation balances their culture with modern life, their interactions with their friends and partners, and trying to keep themselves and their parents happy with their decisions and actions.

I've really, really enjoyed it, and I can't wait for the second series! Have you watched Desi Rascals? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below ♪(゚▽^*)ノ⌒☆

Bye! x
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment