Wednesday 25 February 2015

Beauty | Nude Skin Colour Control Cream by Hope Girl Review (Korean Cosmetics)

Hi everyone! And hello my new followers! I'm so happy you like my little blog ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ

I have yet another review for you lovely lot from the Hope Girl products I received in my Back to School Memebox a few months ago, which is sadly no longer available on the website (´_`。)

So in this Memebox I received, amongst other things, this Nude Skin Colour Control Cream. I'm actually genuinely really happy about this, BB creams have always shown up so, so, sooo orange on my skin ahahaha. The CC creams are much lighter and blend in with my skin tone much easier, so safe to say I am absolutely LOVING the CC cream movement! I'd never bought one before as I wasn't sure how similar their colouring would be compared to the BB creams, and I didn't want to waste my money, but safe to say I'm a bit gutted now that I never took a chance on them before!

Without further ado *(*´∀`*)☆





I didn't blend it at the edges, so you can see the streak in the middle is the much warmer colour it turns after being blended onto skin


Apologies for the poor quality photos above, I took them at about 5:30am in December when my bedroom lights were broken, so all the light I had was from this little table lamp. They didn't turn out great, but they're fine and I think you can make out the swatch on my hand clear enough. Hopefully ahahaha.

Well, moving on, here's how it looks on!

Bare skin - with flash
Please note the red blotches are because I just got out of the shower

Bare skin - no flash

Applied - no flash

Applied other side - with flash

Applied other side - without flash

Powder applied - with flash

I quite like this CC cream from Hope Girl, I wasn't really expecting much from it given how little I paid for the whole Memebox, and the fact I hadn't even heard of Hope Girl before either ahahaha. But, I was very, very pleasantly surprised at the fact that it's really very nice!

It's incredibly thick to put on. I squeeze a dollop out onto my hand and dab from there with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and honestly, it's like I'm literally painting my face, the CC cream is that thick. I can honestly feel the brush dragging across my skin ahahaha, so when it's finally painted on, it does sit quite heavily on my skin ヽ(ー_ー )ノ 

However, this initially unpleasant sensation is countered by the fact that for starters, the heavy feeling doesn't last long, and also because of its thick consistency, it lasts allllllll day. Despite how much I love Korean Cosmetics, I hate the dewy skin look, my t-zone gets oily of its own accord, I don't need any added shine thanks ahahahaa. But because of this, I use powder to mattify my skin and to set my foundation, and after setting no matter how much I touch my face (I'm a massive fidgeter ahaha), I can still see my makeup on my skin when I look in the mirror eight hours later! Which is a massive triumph for me, today alone it weathered two hours walking around in the torrential rain and wind in Manchester, not to mention six hours of classes and three hours commuting. It's a genuine lifesaver for someone like me, who can't fit a makeup bag into her bag because all my books are taking up every inch of space! So I need something that's guaranteed to last all day.

As far as colour and coverage goes, the colour is warm, in fact maybe a little too warm for my ghosty skin, but it blends in well enough and with powder it nullifies any possible orange factor. I only really notice when I take my makeup off and my makeup wipe is bright orange ahahaha, but when it's actually on my face I feel like it just gives me enough colour to look like a normal person ahaha. In terms of coverage, despite its heavy texture, my skin still shines through, which I really like! (o゚▽゚)oニパッ

All in all, I absolutely adore this CC Cream from Hope Girl! Whilst I dislike its texture when applying, it evens out and warms my skin tone without overpowering it, and gives just the right amount of coverage for me, so I feel that one con is greatly outweighed by the pros. Memebox are no longer selling this Superbox, but this CC Cream is listed on Amazon here, although it's currently unavailable, and I don't know if it'll ever be available again, which is such a shame!

Sorry for the massive wall of text ahahahaha. Have any of you lovely readers tried this Nude Skin Colour Control Cream by Hope Girl? Let me know in the comments below (⌒▽⌒)☆

Bye! x
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment