Friday 6 February 2015

Beauty | Milky Balm Lipstick in Grapefruit Juice by Hope Girl Review (Korean Cosmetics)

Hi all! How's everyone doing? (o^∀^)

As you might recall (seeing as I won't stop banging on about it), I got my very first Memebox a little while ago, and one of the treasures included this lovely Hope Girl Milky Balm Lipstick in Grapefruit Juice. I was very excited to see it was an orange shade, as I've always wondered if that would suit me, but was never willing to fork over my own money to find out ahahaha. So, I'm glad I got this little beauty in my box!






And now for a ridiculous amount of photos of my ugly mug wearing said lipstick, so I do apologise in advance ahahaha.



without flash


without lipstick, for comparison

and finally with lipbalm, for good measure

As a general rule, I don't like wearing lipstick. For starters, though you can't see them in the picture, I have scars left from my lip piercings. You can see in the picture though, how this has affected my lip shape. On my left, or the picture's right, you can see that that side of my bottom lip looks a little odd, and it's because thanks to bad healing it's now smaller than my right side (´Д`。)

I'm quite fortunate in that my lips are naturally a very pink shade as opposed to a more nude skintone colour, leaving lipstick as an option that 99% of the time I choose to forgo. I can't wear nude shades as with naturally pink lips they completely wash me out, and most pinks just match my lips or are too bright for my pale skin, which is the same for reds, and purples are often too dark. Plus anything that stands out too much draws attention to my mismatched lip shape, which is something I don't really want to do. Not that I'm picky or anything ahahaha.

This lipstick is a lovely shade of orange, not too bright, and very creamy on. However, it isn't the best quality; I rubbed my lips together just once and I was left with a ring of lipstick outlining my lips, and nothing left in the middle. Not my best look (but probably not my worst either ahahaa). With this in my mind, it requires regular touch ups, but I honestly still really, really like this lipstick. It's a nice and fresh, quite warm shade that just brightens up your whole face a little. If you're thinking of buying the Superbox Back to School Memebox I did then this lipstick is a lovely bonus, and definitely one of the many items that make the price of the box an absolute bargain.

Have you tried any lipsticks by Hope Girl? Let me know in the comments below!

Bye!
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment