Tuesday 4 February 2014

Beauty | Tonymoly Cats Wink Shiny Skin Base - Clear Lavender Review (Korean Cosmetics)

I've been sick with sinusitis for about 15 days now, which is my excuse as to why I've not posted in forever. Happy February, everybody! The year's really kicking in already, I can't believe it ( ゚Д゚)<!! Well, basically before I got sick, I treated myself to quite a few Korean make-up items from eBay, and by quite a few, I mean eight! I went a bit nuts ahahaha, I went all out and bought every item I'd need for a full face of make-up.

Here's the review of my first item! Tonymoly's Cats Wink Shiny Skin Base (updated link; original no longer available) in Clear Lavender, which is the shade designed for yellow toned skin. I would have ideally liked to purchase the Clear Peach shade, which is supposed to be for all skin types, but it wasn't in stock, and I do have slightly yellow toned skin. So here it is!

You can buy another alternative here (updated link; original from f2plus1 shop no longer available)








I actually didn't blend it fully so that you could see the contrast between my actual skin tone versus with the skin base. You wouldn't have thought it from seeing it in the first two pictures on my hand, but when blended properly, it perfectly matches my skin tone. When I first applied it I thought my face was going to be a weird whiteish purple ahahaha, but it really did match up excellently. Given that I'm stupidly pale, this is me hitting the motherload! I never find make-up that suits my whiteness very well, so I'm mega pleased! o((*^▽^*))o

For my fellow pale blog readers, as well as those with a more yellow skin tone, the Clear Lavender is wonderful for skin tone correction! It evens it out all over and gives your face a dewy finish (which I then cover with powder as I much prefer a matte finish, I just always need a liquid base otherwise my skin dries out). It seems to be a lot more difficult to get a hold of the other two shades of this Cats Wink Shiny Skin Base, although if you used it sparingly I don't see why it wouldn't work for those who are more tanned than I, so I guess it could work for everyone! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

I really love it, my old Rimmel foundation has taken a backseat in my bathroom cabinets and this little baby now takes pride of place in my make-up bag. Check it out using the links below the original image :)

Have you tried this Cats Wink Shiny Skin Base? Do you like Tonymoly?

Bye! x
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!
Follow

2 comments:

  1. Aww.... the kitty tube looks so cute! But I think it will be too pale for me...

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super cute! I love all of Tonymoly's Cats Wink stuff :3

      Aw, if this looks like it might be too pale for you, I know they do a foundation version of this Shiny Skin Base that might be better for your skin tone :) xx

      Delete