Sunday 31 May 2015

Games | Currently Playing: The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (Sunday Shorts)

Hellooo~

Happy Sunday! Hope you're all having a lazy one  (⌒▽⌒)☆

So, for this Sunday Shorts I'd like to tell you all about the game I've been playing recently: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. If you like games in the vein of Skyrim, Diablo 3, etc. then this'll be right up your alley (o≧▽゚)oニパッ

My boyfriend pre-ordered it for his PS4 and it came the day I finished my exams, which I'm extremely happy about because this game is MASSIVE and incredibly time-consuming, so I would never have got any revision done if it had arrived before my exams ahahaha. Not like I did enough revision anyway, but I digress. Bit annoying as he'd taken about five days off from work to play it (under the guise of wanting to spend time with me now that I was done revising ahaha), so before I could have a go I had to watch him play days worth of it, rendering the first few main plot quests pointless and dull to me as I'd already seen him play them. Snooooze. But anyway, on with the short!


Right, you'll have to bear with me on the plot, because I didn't play the first or second Witcher games, and I'm only what, a third of the way through? Maybe halfway through? It's hard to tell as I'm one of those people who doesn't like to progress the main storyline unless I've completed all the side quests in that area ahahaha. So the plot will be short and sweet, and based solely on what I've learnt in this game alone so far. Also, I haven't written about games in three~ years, so please, just bear with me ahaaha! ヾ(´▽`*;)ゝ”

The Witcher is a hunter of monsters, ghouls, and other ghastly creatures that roam its world, due to an alignment of worlds allowing them to break through the barrier into ours. Witchers are trained from young boys at Kaer Morhen, undergoing severe mutations to enhance their abilities as hunters, such as tracking, which only three out of ten boys even survive.
Geralt is the name of the Witcher you play, in this game tracking a young woman named Ciri, who trained at Kaer Morhen and who he loves as his own daughter. She's in danger, pursued by the Wild Hunt, and it's up to you to traverse the game's world hunting for clues as to her whereabouts. Along the way you'll enlist the help of old friends, such as sorceresses and fellow Witchers, to help you search for Ciri, as well as help the poor people of the towns you pass through on your journey with their monster or haunting troubles.




Briefest plot blurb in history! Ahahaha °+(*´∀`)b°+° But that is the general gist of it, your "daughter" is missing and in danger, so you set out to find her, taking monster contracts along the way as that's your job as a Witcher.

I really like this game so far. It's really immersive, addictive, and absolutely huge, in terms of both the map and the amount of quests you can do. I've already sacrificed about six days of my life to this game, and I'm talking full days, like, start playing at 8am and stop playing at 6pm ahahaha. It really is that good though, it's incredibly daunting at first when you see the sheer size of it, but when you get into the swing of it it's fantastic the amount of places there are to explore, the amount of quests or Witcher contracts there are to choose from. Fancy advancing the main storyline? No? How about exploring that new location, maybe it's treasure, or a monster nest. Don't want to do that? Why not challenge all the AI characters to a game of Gwent, an ingenious and actually super fun original card game exclusive to The Witcher 3. Gotta catch collect 'em all! (≧∇≦)キャー♪

Forge your own path and make your own decisions to alter the course of events at every turn with various characters. Change your relationship with important people, change the fate of yourself and people with multiple choice interactions, and make your game unique (something that came in handy when I started playing after seeing my boyfriend's choices before I started my own game, so I could have a different outcome).

Sorry for this not being that much of a short Sunday Shorts post ahahaha (´ω`*)ネー

Have you played The Witcher 3? Are there any games you're enjoying playing at the moment? Let me know in the comments below!

Bye! x
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment